Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Icing on the cake

I've been trying to think of ways to repay my wonderful, loving husband for spending 2 long, grueling weeks fixing my damn car. I bought him 2 more seasons of The Simpsons (he's slowly collecting them.. and by slowly, I mean I buy them for him whenever I can.. which is not often) so I buy them on Amazon or Ebay for pretty cheap, but I still don't have money to do that very often.

But anyways, I decided I would surprise him and bring home Chipotle for dinner tonight as a special treat. The boy loves Chipotle almost as much as me :) So I go to Chipotle, order our burritos, pull the $13.00 that I know it's going to cost (okay, well it's $12.98, but who has exact change!) out of my pocket, trying to be prepared for the nice cashier.. and what does she say to me??

"$6.28 please."

I say "Oh well I had both those burritos, a steak and a veggie"

"I know, but we're going to buy one of your burritos for you today!"

WHAT?! How awesome is that!!

It was honestly the perfect ending to my work day :) and also the strawberry rhubarb pie I had waiting for me at home from Joe's mama.

So I guess this shout out goes to Chipotle.. thank you for making my great day even better!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chipotle is the greatest! :D