Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The first of many..

..great weekends this summer! :)

Friday I got done w/ work around 4:30 and ran to the grocery store quick, then got home and took a shower before our friends came over. We had our friends Kyle & Christa over. We met them when we lived in our 2nd apartment in Hudson, so now that we moved we hardly see them anymore! It's always a fun time when we're able to get together though :) It was such a gorgeous night, we grilled out in the garage and then sat out by the fire the rest of the night. Couldn't have asked for a better night at home w/ friends!

Saturday morning everybody woke up pretty early, but me and Joe stayed in bed just a little longer :) It's not often I get to sleep in, so even though we had people over.. I still took a little advantage of it! Eventually everyone got up and ready and we went to the car show in Burkhardt. The day was just perfect! I guess I wasn't prepared for the sudden summer day though and I got quite sunburned :( Me and Joe got home around 5:00, and he left right away to go to St. Paul. My uncle is a cop and Joe was going to go on a ride along w/ him. That meant I got the rest of the night to lay in bed and watch OTH. :) Which is exactly what I did.. it was so nice!

Sunday, even though I was burned to a crisp already.. I slathered on the sunscreen and me and Joe spent the entire day outside! :) We watered all our new baby pine trees.. all 81 of them! It took sooo long, but the poor trees definitely needed it! I cleaned (even vacuumed) out my car, which was long over due! I didn't wash the outside though because it took so long to water the trees and I didn't feel like lugging the hose all the way back to the front.. so we'll leave that for another nice day :) We went fishing for a little while then in the early evening, and I got lots and lots of little fishies! It was very fun.
The only thing I regret about the wonderful weekend, was that I didn't take any pictures! Oh well, another day... :)

No comments: