Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sick as a dog.

Ooh boy, never again will I brag about not getting sick. Now I am a girl that lives w/ allergies 24/7 and it's not like I don't ever get colds.. but I hardly ever get "really" sick.

Well on Monday I kept coughing & coughing the whole day at work. My throat wasn't even sore or scratchy, I just kept having to cough. Nbd. Then I get home Monday afternoon around 3:30ish and by 5:00 I had a fever and felt like crap! I hate, hate calling in sick at work so I just loaded up on meds and went to bed around 7:00 so I would hopefully feel better for work on Tuesday. No such luck. I worked a 9hr shift w/ a 103 degree fever.. noooot the brightest idea ever. It's safe to say I was quite happy when it came time for me to go home. I got home curled up in front of the fireplace w/ 2 fleece blankets for about an hour until I finally warmed up, and that's pretty much where I spent the rest of the night.

Wednesday morning I didn't even set an alarm, Joe called work and told them I wouldn't be coming in. I still hadn't gotten my fever to go below 102, so Joe made me take a cold shower :( it was horrible!! BUT it did break my fever.. for a couple hours :/ Joe left to go snowmobiling all day, so I had the house and the puppies to myself. Me and the couch were verryyy good friends! Wednesday evening I got myself showered and dressed and went to Ron Thoennes's wake. So sad :( I'm really glad that I was able to be there for my friends, but I don't think I should have left the house.

Luckily I had Thursday off already, so I had one more day to rest up. Not that it helped.. I felt like I was never going to get better!! :(

Finally today.. over a week a later.. I feel better! Definitely not 100%, but I'll take what I can get. I am so, so thankful for my husband. He took such good care of me when I was sick. He brought me medicine, made me soups, kept me stocked with cold washclothes when I had my fever.. he was the best caretaker I could have asked for! Love you baby! :D

No comments: