Saturday, November 28, 2009

WHEN will you learn?!

I love everyone one of Joe's friends to death, they're pretty much my best friends too.. which is why things like this upset me so much!!

One of Joe's friends got his second DUI tonight.

It's really hard for me to feel sympathy for this guy. I don't know how many times I've had to say "honey, just stay at our house tonight.. you don't need to be driving". Usually, it works. Unfortunately tonight we were at the bar and it was a little harder to stop him.

Well of course he gets pulled over about 1.5 miles from the bar.

2nd DUI = jail time???

I just don't understand!!!!!!

I know that Joe used to drink a lot back before we met, and honestly he doesn't drink that much anymore. But Joe's the only one of the guys who's settled down and doesn't drink much anymore. This said person (I don't really feel like naming names) goes to the bar almost every night, not just to drink.. but to get drunk.

Why can't he learn?! :( :(

And THEN.. we go to pick up his truck after we leave the bar so it doesn't get towed from Roberts, and run in to his parents. Of course they're upset, this is their child that we're talking about. But his Dad had the nerve to blame us for him leaving the bar drunk. (I don't mean us as in me.. but as in the other guys of course.)

"I know it's no one but *****'s fault.. but can't you guys stop him from leaving?" dad says.

Now I feel bad for Joe, because I know how hard he tries to stop his friend from driving drunk, whether it's from our house OR the bar. But I also know that his dad is just upset with his son.

I guess I just want this person to feel happiness and love, without the help of a case of beer. :(


No comments: