Friday, November 13, 2009

Where's all the excitement?

I've been feeling pretty down lately, can't really pinpoint why this is though. I guess that part of it comes down to being so dang bored all the time. Now believe me, I am not looking for sympathy. I know that there are many things that I could do to keep myself busy!! (like *cough* working out *cough*)

My biggest thing right now is.. money $$. We have no trouble paying our mortgage each month (thank god) and our bills are paid in full, on time each month. But we never have any extra money. We haven't been able to buy groceries for well over a month. It's not like we're starving or anything. I'm grateful that my husband is an avid hunter (except for this year apparently.) because I know we'll always have meat. It's frustrating not being able to just go out and buy groceries whenever we need anything though.

I know that there are a lot of people who are suffering much, much worse than I am.. and I really am thankful for everything that I have. But this is part of why I've been feeling down, so that's why I shared.

I mentioned me getting another job to Joseph, and he totally nixed the idea. He claims he doesn't see me enough as it is now. Which, I admit.. he's right :( And it's not going to get better any time soon.. with winter right around the corner and Joe having to plow and be on call 24/7, it usually makes for a long winter for us. BUT on the bright side.. lots of plowing = lots of extra $$$. Pray for snow, people!! :)

Our goal is to be free of debt (minus the house, of course) by May 1st! We'll for sure pay off Joe's truck and then hopefully most of our credit cards with our tax return. Yay, for an extra $8,000 back!!

THEN, I think we'll be ready for a baby! Pretty exciting, huh? :)

Well, that's all I have time for on a Friday morning. Have a nice weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Coletters said...

I hear ya! It sucks for us right now, too cuz we have 2 birthdays and Christmas coming up on a limited income.

Us girls need to get together more often, then you won't be so bored! LOL!I can really relate, though. Hang in there!