Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Damn exercise to heck.

So I'm not used to having a big dog yet. I'm used to coming home from work, letting my little 10 pound puppies outside and playing with them for 10 minutes. 

Wellll Lucky requires a little more attention than that. Which usually I wouldn't have a problem with, except that I think I'm starting to get migraines. Everyday I come home from work with my head just pounding, so the last thing I want to do is be stuck outside playing tug-a-war with Lucky. Thankfully I have a husband for that :) But on account of Joe having to work late tonight, I thought I should go out and play with Lucky. (I thought this after she dropped her teddy bear in my lap for the third time tonight..)

So don't ask me why I didn't lock the other puppies up, because, well.. I just didn't think of it. So me and Lucky start on our run around the block. All of a sudden I hear a sad little yelp and I turn around and there's Max running down the street after us!! (the sad little yelp was Max being shocked by the invisible fence) I decided that Max would do fine on a run with us, so I just let him tag along. We made it alll the way down to the end of our block and were on our way back when Max had to notice the 2 big chocolate labs in a yard. Once again I hear a sad little yelp as he goes running off to play with the big dogs. (Sadly, those neighbors had just put an invisible fence in as well) Of course Max wouldn't come back when I called him.. so I carefully drag Lucky down to the yard with me. I say carefully because I'm still not entirely sure how she acts around big dogs. Usually she's fine, but trust this to be the one time she decides to defend herself.

What do you think she does? OH, she tries to defends herself, and me. So as I'm dragging Lucky away from these dogs, Max is just having the time of his life running around a new yard with new dogs. It takes me probably 10 minutes to get Lucky all the way home (she kept wanting to go back to Max, who I left there) I storm up to our house and toss Lucky into the house. Of course I don't mean literally toss.. Lucky is a 60 pound dog you know. Then I have myself another little run all the way back down to the neighbors to get Max.

So, the neighbors have this big trailer/camper thingy parked in their driveway and as I'm trying to be friendly to the labs there I hear people talking in the trailer/camper thingy. OF COURSE there would be people in there to witness my humiliating attempt to capture my weiner. (dog, that is)

All said and done Max got shocked 2 more times (coming out of the neighbors yard and then back into our yard) And let me tell you, I did not make it quick and painless for him! I was so mad! Usually Max is a good listener. Unfortunately he chose this time not to be. 

Needless to say, I won't be taking Lucky on runs anytime soon. 

Have fun playing with Lucky by yourself for the rest of your life Joe. (or as soon as I get over this whole ordeal)

2 comments:

Molly said...

Oh poor Nikki!! If i lived closer i would help you take your dogs on a walk.

Nikki* said...

Thanks Molly, I know you would :)