Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Milwaukee

I never posted about our weekend in Milwaukee! Let's see if I remember :)

We got up early to leave on Thursday morning. I got really bummed because it was cold and rainy, and I was hoping for warm and sunny so we could do lots of stuff when we got there! It ended up raining the whole way down there. I was very glad Joe was driving, because it was coming down so hard that we were hydroplaning all over the place! So it was pretty scary, but we made in there in one piece :) Actually when we got there it was almost sunny out! We checked into our hotel and put some clothes on that weren't wrinkled from sitting in a car for 5 hours and set out exploring.

We went to the Miller Brewing Co, and got to tour that whole facility. It was super neat, and crazy to think how much beer is made and shipped out there every day! Makes me love my Miller Lite even more.. :) The tour lasted about an hour, with plenty of time after to sample beer. I was thinking you'd get dinky little samples to try, but nope.. you got three 6 or 8 oz glasses of beer! It was pretty sweet.

By the time we got out of the brewery the sky was looking pretty dark again and then all of a sudden the sirens went off! There were thunderstorm warnings, tornado warnings, flood warnings. It was not going to be a pleasant evening! Once again it started pouring so hard we could hardly see when we were driving. It didn't help that we were in city where we're not used to driving. But once again, we made it to the hotel safe and sound.

It was still pretty early and I had planned on doing more things, so it was kind of a drag to be stuck in the hotel. But I guess I'd rather not die in a tornado, so we laid low for awhile. The TV in the room only had like 30 channels, so we got bored real fast. aaand we got hungry. So good ol' Tom Tom told me that there was a Chuck-E-Cheese pretty much within walking distance of our hotel! Of course we didn't walk in the torrential tornadic flooding weather, but we did drive ourselves to Chuck-E-Cheese! We got pizza and played games for quite awhile, then went back to our room and went to bed. For the day not turning out how I'd planned it, it went pretty well :)

We woke up Friday morning to.. rain. When the heck were we going to get to go to the zoo?! We were lazy bones and stayed in bed too long so we missed the continental breakfast, but luckily by the time we got showered and dressed it had stopped raining! So we set out for the zoo. And let me just say one thing.. the Milwaukee County Zoo is highly overpriced. Not to say we didn't enjoy ourselves, but we could have enjoyed ourselves at a zoo in Minnesota for free. But oh well. We got to see lots of cute animals.. except a hippo. I love hippos, and it was the one exhibit that we missed! I was very bummed out when I realized it after we left :( After the zoo we stopped for lunch at Baker's Square. I brought my mama home a piece of carrot cake since she was so nice to watch my puppies while we were gone :) By the time we got back to the hotel after lunch, everyone else was there! We got the Brewers tickets from my dad's friend who had a whole bunch, so we got to go to the game with all their friends. We started my pre-gaming a little in our room with frozen margaritas that I made everyone :) Then we continued at Miller Park before the game. I had a great time at the game, but it was soo freakin' hot!! It was very nice to get back to the hotel and fall asleep in the air conditioning!!

Well, I think that's about everything. I wish me and Joe were able to get away for more weekends like these.. but the fact that we don't, makes the few that we do even more special and fuN :)

No comments: